How to refer someone
Before completing the Referral Form, please read this information about CanTeen Aotearoa.
You can refer a rangatahi / young person to CanTeen if they are aged 13 to 24 and any of the following…
- They have a cancer diagnosis
- They had cancer as a child and have some late effects relating to cancer, treatment or just getting life back on track
- They have a sibling with a cancer diagnosis
- They have a sibling who had cancer as a child and who is coping with late effects related to cancer or treatment
- They have a parent with a cancer diagnosis
- They have lost a sibling or parent to cancer
To refer rangatahi
Click here to fill out the referral form. After completing the form, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your referral.
What happens next
A Psychosocial Support Worker will make contact with the rangatahi or their parent or guardian within a week and arrange to meet them to discuss how CanTeen can help.
The Psychosocial Support Worker will then get back to you to confirm the support we can provide so that this can be integrated into the overall support plan for the rangatahi.
If you have any questions about whether to refer a rangatahi please call us on 0800 CanTeen (226 8336).