The Great Bandanna Challenge
Sewing your Support
Time to pull out your sewing machines and get creative because The Great Bandanna Challenge is back!
The Great Bandanna Challenge is a Nationwide Sewing competition that launches on May 14th 2017 at Tote and Gloat in Palmerston North and closes 2nd March 2018, to fundraise for CanTeen.
The competition will help raise much needed funds so that no young person ever faces cancer alone. The funds raised will go into ensuring local members receive local support from one-to-one counselling to activities to connect them with other young people who are going through a similar situation.
Our main sponsor Bernina is supporting the competition again, and are generously providing for first prize three brand new sewing machines. Wonderfil are also sponsoring the competition with more to join so watch this space.
There are four categories that you can choose from to take part in: Primary/Intermediate, Secondary, Open and Learning support. (Learning support is only for the Horowhenua/Manawatu and Rangitikei region).
Choose the best fit category, register and then create an item using a piece of CanTeen bandanna. The registration includes the cost of a mystery bandanna. Each category has the set items noted on the registration and for schools an opportunity of a lesson plan is also available so you can bring this into your curriculum for the year. The registration also has the perimeters, rules and guidelines of the “challenge”.
Costs as follows:
- Primary/Intermediate registration cost is $10 per person plus postage
- Secondary registration cost is $15 per person plus postage
- Open section is $25 per person including postage.
- Learning support is $15 per person plus postage
Each registration is individual and will be given a registration number upon applying to do the challenge. If a school wishes their students to work in groups, this is possible; however registration for each child is still required. If the group is successful at winning a prize, this needs to become the responsibility of the school to manage how that is dispersed.
All participants and sponsors have the opportunity to be kept up to date via email and also will be invited to attend the launch of the Exhibition in Palmerston North in early April 2018.
- May 14th 2017: The Great Bandanna Challenge Launch at Tote and Gloat in Palmerston North.
- October 2017: The Great Bandanna Challenge will be in Christchurch at the NZ Quilting Symposium.
- March 2nd 2018: The Great Bandanna Challenge closes.
- April 2018: All the creations will be on display in Te Manawa Museum, Palmerston North. Visit, vote and/or purchase items.
Please click the relevant entry form to download and email firstname.lastname@example.org your contact details and attached form.
- Learning Support Entry Form 2017
- Open Entry Form 2017
- Primary Entry Form 2017
- Secondary Entry Form 2017
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors: