Before completing the membership form, please read this information about joining CanTeen.
You can refer a young person to CanTeen if they are aged 13 to 24 and any of the following…
- They have a cancer diagnosis
- They had cancer as a child and have some late effects relating to cancer, treatment or just getting life back on track
- They have a sibling with a cancer diagnosis
- They have a sibling who had cancer as a child and who is coping with late effects related to cancer or treatment
- They have a parent with a cancer diagnosis
- They have lost a sibling or parent to cancer
To refer a young person
Click here or ‘Join CanTeen’ at the top right to fill out the referral form. After completing the membership form, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your referral.
What happens next
A Youth Support Coordinator will make contact with the young person or their parent or guardian within a week and arrange to meet them to discuss how CanTeen can help.
The Youth Support Coordinator will then get back to you to confirm the support we can provide so that this can be integrated into the overall support plan for the young person.
If you have any questions about whether to refer a young person please call us on 0800 CanTeen (226 8336).